Rocky Mountain Precast a PCI certified Precast Plant has a well-developed Quality Control program and its main focus is to ensure that all work performed will be in accordance with the specifications outlined in PCI MNL-116. The main objectives are,
- To monitor and control the production in all stages and deter the occurrences of errors so they can be corrected before they become a damaging and costly phenomenon.
- To obtain the highest possible standard of precast product quality as demanded by relevant standards and specifications
- To guarantee by documentations that the quality of the precast products has the desired level according to functionality, durability, and aesthetic appearance.
- To highlight errors not discovered during the production and control process.
Quality Control Procedure
In general, the quality control procedure for precast concrete products includes the following,
- Identification, examination, testing and acceptance of materials.
- Inspection of beds/tables/moulds and forms prior to casting
- Checking the dimensions of elements, reinforcement steel, inserts, other incorporated materials, openings, blackouts etc.
- Inspection/test of concrete mixes, cube tests and production samples.
- Regular inspection of batching, mixing, conveying, placing, compacting, finishing, and curing of concrete.
- Final inspections of finished precast product prior to shipment i.e. monitoring dimensions, bowing, blackouts, and finishing.
- General observation of plant equipment, working conditions, weather and other items that may potentially affect the product.